Monday, April 13, 2009

Internet Safety Readings

1. What article did you choose to read for your fourth article? I choose to read "I have a Question" from the March 2001 Ensign. This article addressed how we can access and use the good on the internet while still protecting ourselves and our families from the bad material that is so prevalent.

2. What were the most important things you learned from the readings? The most important thing that I learned is to make good choices about the media that you use. There are so many good options that we need to make sure that we are choosing from these things and not from the inappropriate material.

3. How will what you have read influence your actions as a parent and/or teacher of children and youth? The things that I have read will have a big influence on my actions as a parent and a teacher. I think the biggest thing that I will do aside from teaching the students about safety is just to be aware and observe what they are doing on the internet. I will make sure that I know at all times what they are using the internet for and what they are doing.

4. How can you use what you have learned from the reading to have a positive influence on family and friends? I can use this information and have a positive influence by sharing with my family what I have learned, and sharing with them the articles that I read so that they can have a greater understanding of the importance of internet and media safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment