Monday, April 13, 2009

Internet Safety Assignment

I discussed internet safety with my sister. She is 26 years old and has one son. I mostly talked to her about awareness and always knowing how the internet is being used in her home. We discussed placing the computers in high traffic areas with the screen pointing outwards so that she would always be able to see what is going on. I also talked to her about teaching her son about how to be safe on the internet, what to do if something inappropriate comes up or if someone tries to start talking to him. We had a really good discussion, and I think it helped her to be more aware of the good and the dangers of the internet. I shared with her the following website: http://kidshealth.org/parent/positive/family/net_safety.html which i think will be helpful to her in the future. It was a valuable conversation for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment